Here is the step by step for making a template of an arched window.
To create a template you will need a sheet of paper that will allow light to show through and is large enough to cover the opening (we recommend craft or butcher paper).
- Tape the paper over the window opening.
- Outline the opening of the window with a well defined line.
- Remove the paper from the window opening and cut the template out. There should be no rough or jagged edges.
- Place the template back into the opening to verify it is the correct size. The template should also match your measurements. (The fabricator will make the wood arch 1/4” smaller for an inside mount to allow for installation clearance)
- Mark the template to indicate the top of the window and which side of the arch faces out into the room.
- Roll the template, place in mailing tube and mail it, along with your completed order form, to your fabricator.
Now, your manufacturer has what they need to make you a perfectly sized custom window covering.
Of course, we can handle all of this for you and we would love to help you with your wood or faux wood blind project. Also, for a rough idea of what your project might cost, check out our online wood and faux wood blind calculator.