First things first, you will need to remove the cord tilt from the headrail.
1. In order to do this, you first need to remove end stiffeners(a). Using a rubber mallet, or a small hammer and cloth so not to mar the surface, pop the end stiffeners out.
2. Then remove the tassels on the cord(b).
3. Then take the tilt rod and gently slide towards the opposite end from the cord tilter(c), and just to where the rod clears the cord tilter. DO NOT remove the tilt rod, nor slide it out of any of the other parts it runs through.
4. Next, spread the headrail apart at the cord tilt location just enough to where you can pop the cord tilter out of the headrail.
5. Remove the cord from the tilter.
6. Locate hole on backside of wheel of cord tilt mechanism (d)
6a. Feed one end of cord through hole in wheel.
7. Pull half of length of cord through wheel.
8. Cross over cord on wheel and fit cord through slots.
9. Feed left end of crossed-over cord back through hole in wheel. Feed right end of crossed-over cord back through hole in wheel.
10. Set left cord in slot and then wrap cord four times around wheel in a clockwise direction(e).
11. Set the right cord in slot and then wrap cord in the opposite direction, counterclockwise(f), four times.
12. Feed each end of cord into holes of hinged part of tilt mechanism.
13. Fold up hinged part of tilt mechanism and test cording by pulling on one end of cord (g) and then the other to ensure smooth operation of tilt mechanism.
14. To finish, install the cord tilt back into the headrail. Place tilter into headrail and align the tilter with cord hole (h). Snap headrail back around the tilter.
15. Gently push tilt rod back through tilter (i). Reinsert the end stiffeners (j) using a rubber mallet or small hammer with cloth. Retie the tassels onto the cord (k).
Leave a Reply.
These are our adventures with thousands upon thousands of wood and faux wood blinds.