would be a great deal more pleasant to go ahead and do the repair yourself at home. It’s possible and extremely simple.
1. Remove the bottomrail plugs.
2. Under the plugs you will find the ladder and knotted lift cord. Push the ladder aside and pull the lift cord out and cut the knot.
3. Pull lift cord up through the slats to the slat that needs replacing. The damaged slat can then be slid out from the ladder and replaced with a new slat.
4. Rethread the lift cord back down through the slats making sure to weave the lift cord through the ladder rungs from right to left.
5. Push the lift cord through the bottomrail and retie the knot.
6. Stuff the lift cord and ladder back into the holes in the bottomrail and replace bottomrail plugs.
We would love to work with you on your next wood or faux wood blind project. Also, please check out our online wood and faux wood blind cost calculator for an estimate of what your project might cost.