The California Clip is the best way we have seen to attach a wood or faux wood blind valance to a wood or faux wood blind. Many of the big name manufacturers save a couple pennies per blind and use different variations of a plastic valance clip. So, you need to know to be looking for it. The thing about these plastic valance clips is that they are more prone to cracking or breaking - and then can be hard to replace - especially if the blind is years old - and the industry has changed up the style. Planned obsolescence anyone?
Here are some of the specs:
- The California Clips come pre-installed on the valance for fast and effortless installation.
- California Clips are available for both inside and outside mount installations.
- Valances for inside mount are manufacturer approximately 1" wider than the window opening and have standard 1/2” returns.
- A return size of 3/4” can be requested.
- Inside mounted blinds are to be installed with at least 1/4” of the headrail extruding from the window opening.
- Outside mounted blinds have valances with standard returns of approximately 2-3/4” for all valance styles.
If the we can make it work, we always try and design our jobs with valances that have the California Clip. There are some inside mount applications for which this clip will not work, however, most of the time, and with an educated consumer understanding the restrictions and advantages, we can make this much better, easier and more durable option work.
We would love to help you add California Clips to your wood and faux wood blind project. Also, for a rough idea of what your project might cost check out our online wood and faux wood blind calculator.